“PEFC™ COC: certify products originating from sustainably managed forests”
Certification Services for the Chain of Custody
Thanks to PEFC COC certification companies and organizations can ensure that their products come from forests with sustainable management, or from recycled materials: wood can be certified, but also non-wood forest products. For example , the certification can be applied to products of the underbrush, but it cannot be currently extended it to services such as tourism or sports, to natural resources such as water, air or the fauna of the forest.
A PEFC COC certified company can enjoy several advantages in the market, such as greater competitiveness and a better reputation. Specifically, the certification of chain of custody from the Sustainable Forest Management to the sale of the finished product, enables:
- to sell products with a credible assurance that timber and paper are not from illegal logging
- to prove their social responsibility, improving the image of the their company and of the whole industry of wood and furniture
- to have a valuable support in implementing the System Due Diligence required by Reg . 995/2010 EU (timber regulation)
- to communicate their choice of working and / or selling products from forests certified by the branded logo on the product and the applicable administrative material - such as invoices - and advertising
- to access to public procurement, in whose tenders the use of wood from certified forests is increasingly being requested
- to have available a marketing tool to gain new customers and customers loyalty
- to enter markets such as publishing, cosmetics and herbal medicine, where the demand for certified products increases daily
- to expand their markets in general thanks to the attention more and more consumers and business structures towards certified products
CSI, thanks to the brand ICILA, may also issue, in addition to the certifications related to the PEFC standards, those related to the FSC standard, allowing companies to have a single interlocutor and therefore a cost saving certification.